A FEW SIMPLE RULES FOR SUCCESSFUL TRAINING.
Firstly, don't overcomplicate things!
- Always finish the training with a positive result.
- Don’t expect quick results.
- Don’t overuse artificial aids.
- Analyse every training session.
- Shorter training is better than a longer session.
- Always progress towards your goal by taking small steps.
- Never forget to warm up your horse.
- Have a training plan, but don’t always stick to it.
- Make sure you use signals that your horse understands.
- Don’t do things that don’t make sense and you don’t understand where they will take you.
- Warm up and stretch yourself before riding to maximise your capabilities.
- You not just doing exercises to do them. They always have deeper meaning.
- Be prepared to admit your mistakes, so you won’t make them again.
- Take guidance from instructor/trainer or just a bystander.
- Don’t pass the buck onto the horse.
- Times of rest during riding are as important as active exercises.