Nettex Feather Mite Powder is a completely natural mite control powder that is easily applied and highly effective.
Nettex Feather Mite Powder is ideal to keep mites away. It is a natural mite control powder that breaks down the waxy coat of mites causing them to dehydrate. It is easily applied directly to the feathers and used regularly is a highly effective way to control mites.
- Can be applied directly to feathers of horses and ponies.
- Apply as often as necessary to get mites under control.
- Completely natural product.
- Ideal to use to help prevent mite infestations.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For use on horses and ponies. Stroke feathers upwards and puff powder into them. Work powder in gently using a soft brush to base of feathers. For horses with heavy feathering, feathers may need to be clipped or trimmed. Repeat as necessary. For maximum effect wash feathers with Nettex Equine Veterinary Surgical Scrub first.
- For maximum effect wash feathers with Nettex Equine Veterinary Surgical Scrub first to remove dirt and scurf so that the powder can get to the skin. If minor sores are present apply Nettex Septi-Clense Wound Gel.
- Ideally keep the feathers as short as possible, by clipping the legs on a regular basis, usually about every 3-4 weeks.
- Mites can pass from horse to horse by direct contact as well as grooming utensils, rugs and bedding. Ensure brushes, rugs, bandages and boots are washed regularly to help reduce cross contamination. Use shavings as they are less irritant and straw can harbour mites.
- Prevention is always the best option. For horses that are prone to feather mites start your mite control strategy before mites become a problem.
- In severe cases seek veterinary advice.