Nettex Fly Repellent Standard is a D.E.E.T based formulation with added moisturisers and conditioners, to assist with the longevity of repellency.
Nettex Fly Repellent Standard won ‘Best in Test’ in Your Horse Magazine.
- D.E.E.T based formulation.
- Contains added conditioners and moisturisers.
- Nettex Fly Repellent Shampoo can also be used on a weekly basis to provide additional repellency in conjunction with Nettex Fly Repellent Standard.
DIRECTION FOR USE:
Shake well before use.
Patch test 48 hours prior to application if you have not used a D.E.E.T based product before or if horse is sensitive skinned.
Spray evenly over the coat but be careful not to saturate. If horse or pony is nervous of sprays apply to a cloth or sponge and wipe over the areas required.
For best results apply early in the morning before turnout and before heat of midday sun to allow the formula to dry and seal the hair. Avoid direct contact with mucous membranes. When fly infestation is very heavy, re-application may be required more frequently.
Avoid contact with broken or irritated skin. Not recommended for use under saddles, fly rugs or fly masks as may cause irritation.
- If a fly rug is used during the summer apply fly repellent over the top of the fly rug to reduce flies landing and biting through the material of the rug.
- Garlic can have insect deterrent properties when added to the feed and many horses enjoy its taste, so it can be a useful addition to your insect avoidance strategy. Nettex Garlic Granules are made from the finest pure garlic cloves.
- For an increased level of protection use Nettex Fly Repellent Shampoo weekly. This will coat the hair and help further prolong the effect of the Nettex Fly Repellent Standard.
- Nettex Fly Repellent Standard is safe to use on pregnant and lactating mares, avoiding application around teats.